KPIs - Designer
KPIs increase the commitments: roles as each member’s commitment. It helps increase transparency as well as evaluate the achievements of each individual effectively and correctly. It also promotes personal development and the right direction for each individual in the team.
*** The weight of KPIs is assigned as the followings (Total 100 points)
- 70 points are measured based on specialized metrics by Design leader
- 30 points are measured based on business culture and polices by HR Department (including punctations, participation of company activities, honesty)
B. Scorecard Performance
- 190 -100p = A
- 80-89p = B
- 70-79p = C
- 60-69p = D
Lower than 60 = don’t meet requirements and need improvement
C. Notes: Implementing KPIs
- Always measure positive indicators which promote team
- Team leader will be responsible for implementing KPIs and cooperating with HR department to measure KPIs effectively and provide feedback to team members. From there, the leader is able to evaluate each individual fairly and reasonably and avoid incorrect information which impacts negatively on working spirit.
- Measure KPIs in specific duration (particularly per one or two months – “fast KPIs”).
- Select the simple indicators and focus on indicators which build productive team.
- Always care and focus on the team health. To implement KPIs effectively, the leader should regularly review tasks weekly, honor excellent members and encourage other team members. It is necessary to keep designers comfortable and productive.
D. Calculating Scorecard: The Weight of the Metrics
- Completion rate and actual duration (30p)
- Leader: Calculate actual duration to complete tasks (Duration: from the handoff date to completion date) and make sure tasks completed in time.
- Team members: It is required that each individual must be able to define, analyze and schedule tasks to commit their task completion as well as time to finish tasks.
- 100% Meet deadline = 30p;
- 90% Meet deadline = 27p;
- 80% Meet deadline = 24p;
- 70% Meet deadline = 21p;
- 60% Meet deadline = 18p;
- Lower than 60%: Consider as an emergency issue and must have a meeting to review the member’s productivity
- Quality of specialized tasks (15p)
- Leader: Always keep track and ensure the quality of work to make products that meet the job requirements and the market requirements.
- Team members: Attempt to complete tasks with high quality and without bad reviews from the leader as well as stakeholders.
**Note: As this is a sensitive indicator which is difficult to validate, it is necessary to carefully validate each situation especially a case with bad review. Always intentionally measure positive contribution to boost the whole team productivity.
- Work quality 95-100% = 20p;
- Work quality 90-94% = 15p;
- Work quality 85-89% = 5p;
- Lower than 85%: Consider as an emergency issue and must have immediately improvement
- Create outputs. ( 5p/1 effective output)
- Add 5p in the total KPIs score for each shared idea which is feasible and increase team output.
- Present ideas and prepare for meetings(15p)
- Complete tasks, be well-prepared, and present ideas for each assigned task. Present confidently with prepared script and easy-to-understand approach, prepare efficient materials or document professionally.
- Good preparation and idea defense = 5p;
- Effective and easy-to-understand approach = 5p;
- Compelling and confident presentation = 5p
- Skill development (5p)
- Share personal knowledge, improve research skills in order to conduct accurate and effective research for projects.
- Be validated based on each individual outcome by the leader.